Sunday, September 28, 2008

Palin Contradicts McCain Over Cheesesteak and Coffee

Transcript from the McCain/Obama debate regarding Pakistan.

McCain: Now, on this issue of aiding Pakistan, if you're going to aim a gun at somebody, George Shultz, our great secretary of state, told me once, you'd better be prepared to pull the trigger.

I'm not prepared at this time to cut off aid to Pakistan. So I'm not prepared to threaten it, as Senator Obama apparently wants to do, as he has said that he would announce military strikes into Pakistan.

We've got to get the support of the people of -- of Pakistan. He said that he would launch military strikes into Pakistan.

Now, you don't do that. You don't say that out loud. If you have to do things, you have to do things, and you work with the Pakistani government.
I've been to Waziristan. I can see how tough that terrain is. It's ruled by a handful of tribes.

So it's not just the addition of troops that matters. It's a strategy that will succeed. And Pakistan is a very important element in this. And I know how to work with him. And I guarantee you I would not publicly state that I'm going to attack them.



Impromptu interview with Sarah Palin the day after the debate quoted above:

The governor got a more serious interrogation moments later when Temple graduate student Michael Rovito approached her to inquire about Pakistan.

"How about the Pakistan situation?," asked Rovito, who said he was not a Palin supporter. "What's your thoughts about that?"

"In Pakistan?," she asked, looking surprised.

"What's going on over there, like Waziristan?"

"It's working with [Pakistani president] Zardari to make sure that we're all working together to stop the guys from coming in over the border," she told him. "And we'll go from there."

Rovito wasn't finished. "Waziristan is blowing up!," he said.

"Yeah it is," Palin said, "and the economy there is blowing up too."

"So we do cross border, like from Afghanistan to Pakistan you think?," Rovito asked.

"If that's what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," Palin responded, before moving on to greet other voters.


Do McCain and Palin even talk to one other? Didn't he just say, in his awesome debate appearance that we don't say that out loud??? Didn't he guarantee us that he would not publicly state that I'm going to attack them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what his pet running mate very publicly announced over cheesesteak and coffee?

I wonder how gorgeous Asif Ali Zardari finds her now?

No comments: