Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Gospel According to The DMV



Ummmmm - do the words "separation of church and state" mean anything in Florida?

So far it's not law (or gospel) but it's a-comin' if some Florida lawmakers get their way.

Rep. Kelly Skidmore, who is a Catholic lawmaker who voted against it had this to say: "I believe the "I Believe" plate is inappropriate for the government to produce.

"It's not a road I want to go down. I don't want to see the Star of David next. I don't want to see a Torah next. None of that stuff is appropriate to me."


Personally, if they're gonna allow a Christian plate, they damn well better be prepared to allow Jewish plates and Muslim plates and Mormon plates and Bhuddist plates as well.

Because none of "their stuff" is appropriate for the likes of us, either.

No comments: