Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meet Elizabeth

Poetry Revolt has seen fit to include my second accepted poem on their "preview" issue.

Heeeereee's Elizabeth (Must scroll down)

I have to admit, there's something about seeing your own name in print that just makes you wiggle - even when it's only Tuesday morning, the temperature is already 80+ degrees outside, your water pressure is nil, your electricity keeps flickering on and off and you've just discovered a huge mound of cat puke on the dining room table.

In other news, I see from Shann Palmer's blog that The State of Virginia is offering four fellowships worth $5,000.00 each to poets and/or music composers for the 2007-2008 year. Hmmmmmmm.

Nah. There's a better chance the cat puke will magically disappear before I go back downstairs to clean it up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know- but I'm entering anyway- there's no charge (just six copies or something) and rather than mail it, I'll drive the three miles and hand deliver when I have another errand downtown.

Carolyn Foronda is putting in a manuscript also- she's poet laureate of Virginia and because of politics probably doesn't have much of a chance either. We've discussed it.