Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Boondock Saints Justice!

I'm not a big movie goer....In fact, it's probably been 10 years since I've seen the insides of a movie theater and the last video I watched before this one was "Shreek."

Be that as it may, I spent Thanksgiving at my youngest son's house and we had a marathon video-day in between several marathon football days. Joe got to pick all of his favorite movies and we all got to watch them.

I'm so proud of him. He's obviously just as disturbed as I am when it comes to movies and why we like them.

While all of the films we watched were fine ones, this one has stuck with me the most. It's not a well known film, in fact it had a theater showing of one week in a grand total of 6 theaters.....but it has apparently become something of a cult film and I've (just as apparently) joined the cult.

If you don't mind gratuitous violence (and even if you do - you can do as I do and shut your eyes when you just know something or someone is going to explode or esanguinate) and you love tight-knit American Irish Catholic families, the idea of Willam DeFoe as a gay cop and comic Italian side kicks - you really really have to see this one.

Really.

No comments: